петък, август 08, 2008

Needles and Pins

I saw him today,
I saw his face,
It was a face I loved, and I knew
I had to run away,
And get down on my knees and pray
That they'd go away,
But still they begin -
Needles and pins,
Because of all my pride,
The tears I gotta hide.

Oh, I thought I was smart,
I'd won a heart,
Didn't think I do,
But now you see,
He's worse to her than me,
Let him go ahead,
And take her love instead,
And one day he will see,
Just how to say "please",
Get down on his knees,
That's how they begin,
He'll feel those needles and pins,
Hurtin' him, hurtin' him,
Why can't I stop and tell myself I'm wrong, I'm wrong, so wrong,
Why can't I stand up, and tell myself I'm strong.

Because I saw him today ...
I saw his face,
It was a face I loved, and I knew,
I had to run away,
And get down on my knees and pray,
That they'd go away,
But still they begin,
Needles and pins
Because of all my pride
The tears I gotta hide...


Велика песен. For so many reasons.
Някой бе написал следното: "Smokie is love." Не бих могла да съм по-съгласна. Утре ще пиша.

Етикети: